Even though there are more gift options to choose from today, a lot of people are still finding it hard to find the perfect present to give to their colleagues, friends, and loved ones. Most gift givers today want to be assured that every penny they spend on the present they will buy for the intended recipient is worth it and that the receiver will definitely love, appreciate, and use the item he or she will receive.
But because some people can be quite picky with their gift wish lists or are always finding it hard to tell others what they really want to receive, gift givers simply resort to the best and most convenient option: gift cards. This particular gift item comes in a digital form as well, providing more convenience to both the giver the recipient.
Digital gift cards though are still not the perfect or the best gift items that anyone can give or receive. This particular gift item comes with both advantages and disadvantages. Below are some of the pros and cons of digital gift cards:
• They offer personalized applicability. Digital gift cards are very practical but in a way, they are personalized as well. If you know that the intended receiver has an affinity for a particular merchant, this gift item offers a combination of expediency and customization. They offer the right kind and amount of practicality.
• They offer options to the recipient. If you give a piece of jewelry or clothing or a book to your friend or loved one, they will have to accept this item, whether they like it or not. They can sell the item or re-gift it but most likely, they will keep this item due to sentimental reasons. With a gift card though, you get the opportunity to give the recipient the option to choose which particular items he or she wants or needs to have – something that he or she can’t do with traditional presents.
• They come with flexible redemption terms and conditions. Finally, if the digital gift cards have no expiration dates, they allow receivers to get the exact products they want anytime, even if the item they are looking for are not on shelves the day the present was given.
• There are some people who may perceive this gift item as too ordinary. They may think that the giver is unimaginative and too lazy to find the gift that the recipient will truly appreciate. Gift cards with generic designs are oftentimes viewed unfavorably as well.
• There are some gift cards that come with relatively short expiration dates. There are some products can only be used for a particular number of months and are not reloadable. If the product the recipient is looking to buy won’t be available for a long time, the gift card will remain unused and simply go to waste.
• After purchases are made, there may be small balances left. Lastly, after buying the items they want, the card may still have some small balances left which consumers either forget about or simply don’t use. Again, this is a waste of money but most of the time, simply unavoidable.